Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Many Computer Users Skip Routine Maintenance - HotHardware

The article sites some of the crazy things that can and do crawl inside a computer, and take nest. In my personal experience, I was asked to look at a computer that wouldn't boot, then would shut off. What I found was bugs and roaches living inside. I actually had to spray the computer with RAID, then seal it in garbage bags (so I could leave it outside for a few days). I took these pictures after I did most of the cleaning. But as you can see there is "bug" remnants, even rust and corrosion from something spilled inside the computer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many Computer Users Skip Routine Maintenance - HotHardware

Posted using ShareThis

Regards
John Crawford

AutismZone
Accokeek Computers
Mamas Best Recipes
The Cartouche - Science Fiction Reviews
Simple Opportunities


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: